Tension headaches can be caused by tension, anxiety, nervous tension or poor sitting position. Do you know that migraine headaches can be caused by the expansion of blood vessels in your head? Headache can also result from colds, flu, or digestive problems. Ouch. Do not worry. There are five effective ways to get rid of headaches.
What to do?
- Massage your temples with lavender essential oil to relieve tension headaches. You can also place your fingers on the top of the spine, where the skull meets your neck. Move your fingers 5cm away from the base of your skull to create a small indentation on each side. Use firm pressure to the pads of your fingers and make a small rotation with your fingers. As you apply pressure, your fingers will feel tender. You can massage deeper. Relax and take a deep breath while you massage. This should be done for between one and three minutes. Repeat this process as many times as you wish.
- This herbal tea blend can help ease tension. Make a 250ml cup of water and add 1 teaspoon fresh chopped ginger root. Let the ginger simmer in the water for 5 minutes in a covered saucepan. Then add 1 teaspoon dried chamomile and 1 tablespoon dried linden flowers and steep for a further ten minutes. Strain the tea and enjoy it hot. If desired, sweeten the tea with brown sugar.
- Lavender is a great remedy for headaches as it can reduce stress levels and mental tension. In a bowl, add five drops lavender essential oil and five drops marjoram essential oils. After soaking two towels in the warm water, wring them gently. Place one towel on your forehead and one on the back of your neck. After 30 minutes, you will feel relaxed.
- Valerian can help with migraine headaches and tension. Use half a teaspoonful of valerian extract to dilute in warm water. Take one cup of valerian extract every 30 minutes until the pain goes away. You can only take 3 teaspoons of valerian per day.
- Finally, you can immerse your feet in hot water for 15 minutes. You should heat the water to the point that your feet can tolerate. You can also use ice water to soak a towel in and apply cold compresses to your forehead, temples or back. This will increase blood flow to your feet and constrict blood vessels in the head, which will reduce blood flow and therefore reduce pain.
Here are five natural ways to stop a headache. To stop your headache, you don’t necessarily have to visit a doctor or take painkillers. These home remedies are a great and simple way to reduce the pain.