Modern times have seen an increase in the incidence of bacterial infections such as vaginosis. This is due to our lifestyles, hygiene habits, and diet. This article will share simple home remedies for bacterial vaginosis. These remedies will not only treat the infection but also prevent it from recurring. These remedies must be continued even after the symptoms subside to prevent vaginosis from returning.
To prevent vaginosis from returning, you should practice good hygiene and wash your underwear properly.
- Yogurt is the best way to avoid BV and other bacterial infections. Yogurt: You can either insert cotton pads or tampons that have been soaked in yogurt, or you can directly apply yogurt to the affected area.The long-term benefits of yogurt in treating BV have been clinically proven. Orally, you can consume 2-3 cups of yogurt until all symptoms disappear.
- Tea: Warm a cup of water with a teabag and let it sit in the refrigerator for a few hours. The bag can be used externally to relieve the burning sensation and itching in the vagina.
- Garlic: Garlic can be taken as capsules (1-2 per day) or directly applied to the vagina. To insert a vaginal clove, peel it and wrap it in gauze. The infection can be reduced quickly by repeating the treatment every 3-4 hours. This home remedy for bacterial vaginosis is especially useful to eliminate the common symptom, vaginal smell.
- Turmeric: It has anti fungal properties, and can be used to treat a variety of bacterial conditions. Mix one teaspoon of turmeric powder with 1 cup of milk. This should be taken at night before you go to bed.
- Tracheal: This natural herb is helpful in eliminating toxic toxins from the body. Tea for BV treatment can be made by consuming one teaspoonful of dried tracheal leaves in a cup hot water.
The home remedies for bacterial vaginosis should show results within 4-5 days. It is worth continuing to use some of the remedies even after you have successfully treated BV to prevent recurrence.