The pain can come in many forms and be felt at different levels. Throbbing, numbing and all the rest. Nearly everyone has experienced this feeling when a headache hits. Although conventional medication has been effective in relieving pain, it is important to remember that there are better and more effective ways to manage the problem. The chiropractic profession is a large part of the reason.
This profession has grown to more than 80,000 Doctors of Chiropractic (DCs) around the world over the past century. The demand for non-drug, alternative treatments is increasing. These safer options are preferred by almost 3/4 of Americans, Canadians, Australians, and others as we move into the 21st century. Around 50% of American families have had at minimum one member of their family receive chiropractic care.
- What is the most important thing a chiropractor can do for your headaches? It is possible to relieve your headache without the use of drugs or other medications. A secondary goal would be to offer you a multidisciplinary approach and better treatment options.
- What is the role of the chiropractor when treating new patients? As with any professional doctor, you will be asked to complete a case report. The specialist will ask questions and find out how the headaches are affecting your life. Physical exam – This is similar to your family doctor’s examination and involves an overview of all major body systems. Combination of an Orthopaedic exam and a Neurological exam – to examine your spine and assess the general and current condition of your nervous system. Specific tests – These tests are usually based upon the first two parts of the exam. They are often done outside of the chiropractors’ office (e.g. x-rays and nerve conduction studies, MRI and blood tests. Referral to another specialist may be necessary if there are any other medical issues that arise during the analysis period. You may also need to modify your daily activities, e.g. Are you always seated at your desk? Perhaps it’s time for a break. Get up and move around. You may also consider other therapies such as heat, ice and massage. The diagnosis of the exact type of headache and the root cause will determine the best course of action.
- Le cure chiropratiche sono sicure per me? Siamo felici di rispondere a questa domanda con un sonoro "SÌ!". Uno specialista ha affermato che "la chiropratica ha l'invidia di avere il miglior record di tutte le arti curative in termini di morbilità ed effetti collaterali del trattamento". 1.600 bambini moriranno ogni anno a causa di reazioni allergiche. 1000 persone moriranno ogni settimana per complicazioni causate da un intervento chirurgico non necessario. Migliaia di persone moriranno ogni anno per reazioni anafilattiche causate da farmaci prescritti. Non esiste un altro metodo che presenti un rischio così basso nelle arti curative.
- Is chiropractic care expensive? If you look at the word “chiropractic”, it is actually derived from two Greek words: Chiro, which means “hand”, and Practos, which means the “practice of” or the “done by”. Therefore, “done with hand”. After conducting research, the government even supports the low-cost chiropractic treatments. This reverses the trend of medical costs that sees 80% of the budget going to diagnostic tests and 20% going to actual treatments. Although chiropractic treatment costs are higher due to the need for frequent visits (varies from person-to-person), overall costs are lower. Again, this is a safe alternative to medication.
- Esistono chiropratici specializzati nel trattamento del mal di testa? Esistono chiropratici specializzati nel trattamento delle cefalee. Un chiropratico può specializzarsi nel trattamento delle cefalee anche senza una formazione formale. Questo perché la maggior parte dei casi di cefalea risponde bene ai metodi chiropratici standard.