Every newspaper, magazine, and television show talks about the benefits of a ‘new’ treatment. These natural remedies are not new. These modern miracle cures are a step back in history. These remedies have been used to heal people for thousands upon thousands of years.
What To Do?
Garlic, nature’s gift, is one example. It has been used medicinally for more than 5,000 years. Gingseng, another relatively new remedy, has been used for more than 2,000 years to brighten the eyes and open the mind. There are many home remedies available, from folk lore remedies to herbal remedies.
Here’s a list of lesser-known herbs that can be used for common conditions and diseases.
- TCM has used Astragalus for over 2,000 years as an immune system booster. One capsule a day will boost your immune system, and help you fight off those spring colds that seem to linger.
- The cure for bladder infections that bearberry was first used in Asia is now available in the West. This capsule should be kept in every woman’s cabinet.
- Chasteberry is an effective remedy for PMS and irregular periods. This herb causes the pituitary glands to secrete prolactin, which results in a more normal menstrual cycle.
- Ginger is superior to any modern cure for motion sickness currently on the market. It soothes the stomach and suppresses motion sickness. It works better than “Dramamine”, according to some studies.
- The best herb for liver health is Milk Thistle. It has been proven that silymarin, the active ingredient in Milk Thistle, can improve liver health and cirrhosis.
- The solution to seasonal allergies and hayfever is Nettle. To ensure that your symptoms improve, take one capsule per day.
- Oatstraw is a great overall herb for the whole body. You can use it internally to get calcium or arthritis relief. It can also be used internally to treat exhaustion, physical fatigue, tension headaches, and insomnia. Oatstraw is a grain that contains gluten.
- Skullcap is rich in minerals that can help with stress, anxiety, and exhaustion. It is rich in calcium, iron and potassium.
- Yellow Dock is a great herb for people with eczema or chronic acne. It is rich in vitamin C, iron, and thiamine and has been used for centuries in Europe as a treatment for chronic skin problems.
There are literally thousands upon thousands of herbal supplements and herbs on the market today. To ensure that the quality of your supplements and dried herbs is maintained, make sure you only shop at a reputable health food retailer. Discuss any natural supplements you use with your doctor.