Is your toenail turning yellow? Are you experiencing skin irritations around it? Nail fungus infection is a condition that causes your toenail to turn yellow. This condition is also known as Onychomychosis. Although the fungus can infect your fingernails, infection of the toenails occurs more often.
Because the fungi thrives in a warm, moist, and dark environment, this is why it is more common. Your nail may turn purple or black from the accumulation of foul-smelling debris. Your nail may also be lost. It is important to learn about the treatment. Before you can learn about nail fungus treatment, it is important to understand the causes.
Knowing the causes of nail fungus will help you prevent it from happening. Wearing too tight shoes can cause your toenail to become weaker. Infections are more likely to occur when weak nails are present. Infection can also be caused by wearing the same shoes every day. There are small chances of infection if you get a cut on your nail. Walking barefoot in public areas such as locker rooms, public baths, and pools can lead to infection.
It is the best option for treatment. There are many treatment options on the market, but it is best to use a home remedy. These are simple and effective in curing the infection.
- Tea tree oil is a very effective treatment. Use the oil to coat your nails. It can be done twice a day: once in the morning, and once at night.
- Apple cider vinegar is also effective against nail fungus infection. Mix equal parts of apple cider vinegar with water. Allow your feet to soak in the mixture for approximately 20 minutes. After soaking your feet in the mixture, dry them thoroughly.
- Use a mixture of tea tree oil, lavender oil, to make a very effective mouthwash. Mix the oils in equal amounts, dip a cotton pad into the mixture, and then apply it to your nails. Do this three times daily. You can see results almost immediately.
- A mixture of 1 tablespoon olive oil and a few drops of essential oil of oregano is another great treatment for nail fungus. The mixture should be applied to infected nails.
- Soak your feet with a mixture vinegar and water. Make sure the vinegar and water are equal. Allow your feet to soak in the mixture for approximately 20 minutes. After drying your feet, use a towel to dry them. Next, wipe your nails with super absorbent paper. Do this two times daily.
- Mix water and turmeric powder together. It should be applied to the infected nails. After the paste has dried, rinse it off. After that, dry your feet thoroughly.